Bosnia and Herzegovina is quickly becoming a draw with study abroad students for its affordability, rich culture and easy access to a dizzying array of outdoor activities.
Located in southeastern Europe, it boasts stunning mountain ranges and coastal beaches along the Adriatic Sea, making it not a bad place to call home.
Bosnia and Herzegovina has a long academic tradition. one of the first institutions of higher education in the South-Eastern Europe was established in Sarajevo in year 1537. During last century Bosnia and Herzegovina has developed a respectable and growing network of academic institutions which began internationalizing since the independence in 1992.
- Highly affordable and quality education
- Degrees awarded both by domestic and international universities
- International transfer programmes available between universities across the globe
- Cost of living more sustainable compared to other education markets in Europe
- Multicultural and multi-religious community with strong respect for cultural diversity
- Friendly and welcoming local people
- Wonderful lush natural to visit, localities with strong historical and cultural heritage
- Safe living environment
In Sarajevo, there are four private and one public universities. Altogether, over 50,000 students are enrolled every year. Detailed information about each university and colleges can be found on the website http://study.ks.gov.ba. In addition, there is also basic information about Sarajevo, description of cultural and student life in the capital, with many other details which might be interesting to discover for students that are pondering studying in the Canton Sarajevo.